Saturday, March 14, 2009

Hue Review for You

Received Huechroval's Pastel book today. It is a little gem of a book, comprised of damn near every pastel on the planet sorted by hue, value, and chroma. In other words... you get your 40 bucks worth the minute you open it. In fact, one could make the argument that the book is an absolute steal, considering the load of information you can get out of it (if you are observant enough).

Here's what I found after highlighting each and every pastel I have in my bins. Yes, this took hours. I am apparently in the middle of everything. I own every midtone out there.. and nuttin' else. Neutrals.. good and safe for interior decorating, bad and boring for the art business. Lesson learned.

I could go on a bent about how I am always "in the middle" of everything.. continent, country, class.. but that would probably make me suicidal. So I'll just leave it there, for now.

Anyhow, I highly recommmend throwing down money for this critter. If nothing else, because it rates the entire Henri Roche line (ooooooh! aaaaaaaah!).

No comments: